TESL 130

Vocabulary Lesson Plan


For this activity, we had to create a vocabulary lesson activity based on activity 1 from unit 3 or we could easily make a different lesson plan based on a different reading/text. I decided to keep the first lesson (given for group activity) and develop my vocabulary activity from there. These activities are for CLB 5 learners. I took many of the ideas from a couple of websites and from the lesson provided in assignment one (Manitoba Memo).

Lesson Plan:


The lesson is divided into Pre-reading, While Reading, and Post Reading. At the end of the lesson, I have three activities.

1) The definition sheet: Here the students are asked to find the definitions of a word from the same text and then use their skimming and scanning skills to find the word in the text. Once they locate the word, the student is to write the full sentence in which this word was used in the text.
I took the idea from this website. In this lesson, they have the students use the word from the list and create their own sentence with it. I decided to change this part and have the students find the sentence as is written in the text.

2) sentence sheet: In this activity, I decided to use the idea from the website mentioned above and have the students write their own sentences using the vocabulary words provided.


3) entry sheet: To finalize the lesson, I created a sheet in journal entry form. Here the students will write their opinion and thoughts about the examined text.

Click  Here to see my complete Lesson Plan


Vocabulary lesson plan - idea


No comments:

Post a Comment